ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
To achieve academic excellence in Electronics Engineering by imparting indepth knowledge to the students, facilitating skill activities and cater to the ever changing industrial demands and societal needs.
1. To provides quality engineering education to the students.
2. To offer state of art education in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
3. To establish Industry Institute Interaction to make students ready for the industrial environment.
4. To provide students with hands on training on latest technology with supporting software.
5. To promote skill based projects/activities to develop department as Centre of Excellence for skill manpower.
Programme Educational Objectives
1. Diploma will become supervise in the industries associated with Electronics and communication Engineering and professional engineers starting-¬up and growing their own new firms. They will become recognized supervised working in government, consulting firms, and organizations around the country and around the world addressing some of the most challenging problems of our times.
2. Diploma will become leading superviser who create and disseminate new knowledge in Electronics and communication engineering.
3. Diploma will pursue lifelong learning, such as graduate work and other professional education. Diploma will be superviser, both in their chosen profession and in other activities.
4. Have high level of technical competency combined with supervise and problem solving skills to generate innovative solutions in Electronics and Communication engineering or related areas
5. Be able to communicate effectively to various stakeholders and practice their profession with high regard to society needs, diversity, constraints in the professional workplace and ethical responsibilities
6. Continuously updating themselves in areas and technologies that are relevant to their career, participate in personal development and increasing their understanding of matters that are current and important to society at national and international levels.
7. Diploma will have enough training to conduct experiments analyze and interpret the results for all latest equipments related to Electronics & Communication Technology.
Diploma of Electronics and Communication Engineering Programme will have the ability
1. To apply the knowledge on Mathematics, Science and Engineering concepts in Complex Engineering problems.
2. To analyze the complex engineering problems by using the first principles of Mathematics and Engineering fundamentals.
3. To design a component, a system or process to meet the specific needs within the realistic constraints such as economics, environment, ethics, health, safety and manufacturability.
i. Name and address of department: Eletronics & communication Engineering
ii. H.R.H.The P.O.W. Institute of Engineering & Technology Jorhat, Assam. PIN: - 785001
Name: ACHYUT BURAGOHAIN
Designation: Lecturer (Selection Grade) & HOD ( i/c)
Telephone No: 9706014493
Email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
List of Programmes/ departments which share human resources and / or the facilities of this department/programme ( % )
1. Diploma In Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
2. Diploma in Civil Engg.
3. Diploma in Electrical Engg.
4. Diploma in Mechanical Engg.
5. Diploma in Agriculture Engg.
6. Diploma in Automobile Engg.
7. Diploma in Instrumentation Technology.
Total numbers of students:
Diploma Programmes: 40 Nos.
DETAILS OF LABORATORY:
Digital Electronics Laboratory
Communication Engg. Laboratory
Analog Electronics Laboratory
Power Electronics Laboratory
Consumer Electronics Laboratory
Data Communication & Networking Laboratory
Personal Computer and System Technology Laboratory
Computer Centre and Laboratory
Capt. Achyut Buragohain, AMIE, M.Tech. MIE, MIETE, Lecturer Sl. Grade. & HOD(i/c),
Mr. Manik Ch. Borah, AMIE, M.Tech., Lecturer Sl. Grade.
Mrs. Pubali Chetia, B.Tech., Lecturer
Mr. Ismail Hossain, Dip. Engg., B.E., Lecturer
Mr. Annesur Rahman, Dip. Engg., B.E., Sr. Instructor
Mr. Bijoy Krishna Rajkhowa, B.Sc., Dip. Engg., Sr. Instructor
Mr. Debasish Khound, Dip. Engg., Sr. Instructor
Mr. Kanak Ch. Bharali, ITI, Jr. Instructor
Mr. Biswajit Sharma, ITI, AV Technician
R & D consultancy/continuing Education short term courses:
R&D Consultancy: Nil
Continuing Education: Nil
Short term courses:
Computer Hardware & Networking - 1.5 Months.
Computer Hardware & Networking - 3 Months.
Computer Application - 1.5 Months
Computer Application - 3 Months
D.T.P. - 1.5 months.
H.R.H. The POWIET,Garali,Jorhat,Assam-785001[Copyright(c) POWIET 2011] | All right reserved | Powered by Novelties,Jorhat